Monday, November 17, 2008

Oregon and Halloween

Sorry the pictures are not in order. Rowan and I went to Oregon this last week to visit my parents. We didn't tell my dad so that we could surprise him. He didn't react like I would have liked but he was excited that we came. We weren't able to do a lot that we had planned because it rained every day but Friday (the day we left), but it made for some pretty skies and I enjoyed having something other than sunshine for weather. Rowan didn't seem to mind the cold either.

This is one of my parents trees that is covered in spider webs and with the morning dew looked beautiful.


We went out to eat and the restaurant didn't have a place to put Rowan's carseat so I tried the highchair (because he can sit up on his own now) He didn't mind it.

On Friday my mom and I went for a drive and she showed me this river that was so fun to watch. The colors were gorgeous! There were still a lot of the Fall colors that made me miss Utah (Arizona is too brown).

We also went to walk around my dads work and they have this pond with ducks and we were shocked to find 16 baby ducks here! I didn't think they would have babies this late in the season!

For Halloween we went to Foothills Dance Studio to dance and have fun. I was Goth, Cory was the Devil and Rowan was a Chip en Dale dancer (a lot of our friends were not too happy with us because they had to explain to their kids what a Chip en Dale was :) )






Rowan also learned a valuable lesson at the party..... Skimpy costume equals winner!! Rowan won for the skimpist costume and we got free dance lessons. (and for those who are wondering he is chewing on a fake dagger!)

These videos are showing some of his new things. The first video is his squeel. I am trying to get him to do his growl without success. The second video shows him sucking on his bottom lip and about three-fourths into it he does his growl.

1 comment:

Amber said...

LOL the sucking on the lips reminds me about something. When Lexi was really little, probably his age her bottom lip kept going deep purple and it happened a few times and we were really worried. I even took her on insta care once. It turned out she was sucking on it when we weren't watching and giving herself a massive hickey. LOL Silly kids