Friday, September 26, 2008

So I know its been awhile since I posted. Things have been busy. Cory is doing much better after his episode with gout. Now he is having to deal with school. Working and going to school is really hard for him (and anyone who has done it knows how hard it is) so he changed plans and is only taking 1 class this semester. That will put him graduating in the summer if they offer his class than or next December (which still isn't bad).
Rowan is growing so quickly. I still get everyone commenting on how small he is but he is eating and is happy so what more could I want. He has his 4 month appointment on Monday so we get to see if this doctor is concerned with his size. I was not at all impressed with the last doctor we went to. I will save the details but I am trying a new one this time and I hope she will be good.
This week has been tough because I got an infection called mastitis. It is an infected milk duct that gives flu like symptoms. So when I first got sick I thought I was just getting the flu. It was very hard to take care of a newborn and be that sick. I am on antibiotics now and getting better.
On a happier note here are some pics of the little boy...they are not in any order

His new thing is sucking his thumb. Cory was holding him the other night trying to get him ready for bed and Rowan pushed his binki to one side and stuck his thumb in the other!!

This is a cute new hate that we bought him to keep his head from getting sun burned. (He outgrew it 2 weeks after we bought it!)


He is also chewing on his rings. He did this on his own one night

I have been trying fun new recipes (I am addicted to Good Eats) and this is a shrimp cocktail that I tried. It was really good

I had Cory hold Rowan for me because I was tired and needed a break. Cory was looking at his email and we looked down and he was asleep!!!


So that is all that is new in our lives right now

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:( I miss you guys! Hope the dr. appt goes well! He doesn't look to small to me . . . Just perfect!

Jackson Family said...

I still want to try that shrimp cocktail! I am so glad you are down her Jenn! You have no idea! Thanks for your little surprise tonight too, it made me feel loved! Thanks for being my best friend! Love ya tons!

Allison Bushman said...

He is an adorable baby! Congrats!