Thursday, August 07, 2008

I think being a mom is the best and the hardest thing in the world. After 3 days with little to no sleep and a baby that screams the entire time he is in the car I feel like the worst mom in the world because I just want to get away from him. But my friends tell me this is normal and that I am doing fine. Than he smiles at me (even at 2 in the morning) and I am so happy to be a mom. Or just now he cooed at his toys. Cory told me that I will often feel like a bad mom and that's why its so hard. So this goes out to all the moms... Keep at it... Way to go

3 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Aww, I know just how you feel! I lost my temper with Dane today and Caroline's incessant crying this afternoon made me so irritable towards her too, but I know she was just picking up on mine and Dane's bad moods. I felt terrible! I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I would be a liar if I did. Then again, my favorite saying comes to mind at times like these. "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." So true, especially now that we are mommies! Being a mom is the best thing in the world, it has some amazing blessings, as well as crazy trials. You are doing wonderful Jenn! I think you are a great mom, and I am glad that I (you) are here so we can share our journey together! Thanks for always being there for me! You are a great friend!
Lotsa Love!
Heather

Timber said...

Jenacy used to SCREAM the entire time she was in the car, any time she was in the car. Even if it was a 2 hour drive. It was maddening. Don't worry, they grow out of it. You're doing just fine :)

(PS--can you change your font color? It's really hard to read! Maybe if it's white it'll stand out more) :)

Ashlee said...

I hear you, Kayla used to scream from about 10 p.m. to 1 a.m for about three weeks straight. It was awful and I remember thinking "What was I thinking?" But like you said there are those times that make it all worth it. Soon you will be getting a good night's sleep again, and your baby will almost be walking! Good luck getting through the newborn stage!