Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Almost 2 years since I have posted on this blog.  The ability to post my pictures so easily on Facebook and feeling like my blog posts were not as well worded as many of my friends blogs made it easy to stop.  But I know that the only way to get better at things is to practice.  So, whether my post are well worded or not, boring or not, silly or serious, I will post weekly.  I have an amazing family to tell all my family and friends about. And I am trying to use facebook less and this will help.
One of my good friends has set the example for me of doing what she calls "Mormon Lent".  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints does not usually practice lent. In fact, I know very little about it except that you are supposed to give up something until Easter.  So, I am giving up my phone games.  Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE my silly, mindless games.  I will replace this time with reading scriptures, being better at playing with my kids, and updating this blog.
I will leave you with this picture of my amazing family!!


5 comments:

Timber said...

Yep, facebook has killed blogging for a lot of people! I'm glad you're back!

Excellent goals for the Lent season! Good luck with your scripture reading and playing with the kiddies--I'm sure your family will be blessed by both! :)

Jcjohns said...

Thank you for inspiring me Timber!

Tara's world said...

I think I might have join you on cutting back on facebook. I tried to "like" your post.

Shawndel said...

Welcome back to the blogger land. Excited to see what you will post.

Ashlee said...

What you have a little girl? Congrats! I started a new blog but I made it private. Email me if you want an invite ashleewillardson@gmail.com